the art appreciation

as a person who grew up in a family who has many art activities, i've been use to see my aunties and uncles, even my mother doing some art jobs. my grandfather was a photographer, as well as my mom and my uncle. when i was a child, i always heard my aunt and my older sister playing piano together, almost everyday. and sometimes i saw my cousin doing her painting at our house, and so on. i've been interested about photography since i was in junior high school, and i started to join the photography club in my high school 4 years ago. there, i had to use the single-lens reflex (SLR) camera, or maybe for you who don't know, it's a professional camera, with the big lens in it. of course since it's a digital era now, it's much more easier for me to use the digital SLR camera. but, i didn't use it because my mom said if i want to learn about photography deeply, i have to use the manual SLR camera, so i know the exact measurement. so...yeah, i did what she said. then, i used her camera, the olympus manual SLR camera. hmmm, still in good condition, even though it's old. but it's vintage.. i like it. less than a year ago, i finally bought a canon SLR digital camera, which i think is very wonderful.

since i'm living in sydney, there are many many manyyyy beautiful spots. for instance, i like the rocks and paddington a lottt. i think those two places are very artistic. they combine both ancient and modern landscape. but still..sydney opera house is my favorite. every time i go to the rocks or circular quay, i always went there to shot few spots. i think opera house is fantastic, and i know that i can shot its beauty from different angles..




my parents on their holiday to sydney, july 2007


honestly, i'll never get bored with the opera house, even though my friends who always accompany me there already bored with my habbit hahahhaha. i don't know, i feel something about it, i think the opera house is very artistic in different ways.. and in different angle. well, people's different by the way.. actually, i wanted to take photography course in sydney, before finally chose communication. but then i think that if i go back to jakarta after graduate, the photography field won't be developed as good as communication field. and yes, in photography, if i don't have enough skill and talent, i don't know what i'll become. a freelancer maybe? yeah, everything's sooo blurry and unpredictable. i consider to make photography as my passion and hobby for now, but not as the main major later. well, anyway i love art. i'm sure, without art, any visual image, or even technnology and places will not as good as they are now.



my sister was posing in front of the royal botanical garden

it's cute, isn't it? i like it..

2 comments:

Peter Podcast said...

Really like the butterfly.
I made a living off photography for a while.
I did a lot of band photos.
This was before digital.
It is a lot harder now I think although fasion and ads are still a good place to look.
But do it for love is the best I think.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.