a weekend in the city

on saturday, 4th august 2007, i had a very pleasant weekend!! me and my friends went to a concert of a band named bloc party at entertainment quarter - fox studios, moore park. it was awesomeeee!!!!! my goshhhh, bloc party is one of my favourite bands ever ever everrrrr!!!! hahahaha i'm just too excited about this.. oh my god.. my god my goddddd!!!!! hahahahaha they were stunning.. they sang their hits song amazingly.. breathtaking.. and all the crowd raised their hands together, felt the beat and just followed the music.. i really felt my soul was out there, and i just couldn't stop dancing..




bloc party concert at entertainment quarter, moore park


unfortunately, i couldn't see them clearly because i sat at the side. me and my friend supposedly stand at the front, but yeah we chose to sit at the side because we didn't want to get hurt because of the mosh-pit. anyway, i was really really satisfied with the concert.. they were very good. i still don't believe that i could see their performance live on stage! hahaha. you know what, it was a blessing.. haha yes indeed! why? because when i wanted to buy their ticket few weeks ago, it's already sold out and i was very disappointed. fortunatelyyyy and thank god for that, 2 days before the concert my friend (who already got the ticket) canceled it because she got to work that day and no excuse from her boss. thennn, she gave the ticket to me and i was like - "what the hellllllll are you seriousss????" hahahaha without taking a long time to think, i said YES OF COURSE!! and yes, i went to bloc party concert.......suddenly.. or should i say accidentally?


guitarist russell lissack - seems that he's pointing his finger on me or what? cool!


after 90 minutes performance, i wanted more and moreee because the time felt soooo short and i was very unsatisfied. so, me and one of my friends were running and waiting in front of the car park where the artists' bus and caravans were parked. that night was soooo coldddd and windy and we had to wait for 1 hour and 15 minutesss before FINALLY the vocalist, kele okereke came out. some people who were also waiting there were shouting loudly "KELEEE!!! KELEEE!!!". and geezzzz a man was stepping on my foot! aaargghhh it was a bit hurt but that was okay. me and my friend couldn't see kele clearly because there were so many people there talked to him and goshhhh they didn't want to go! so, before we lost our hopes, (FINALLY!!!) kele came and talked to us directly!!! aaaaaawwww i've never dreamed about this before! he signed our tickets and cds and my shirt!!!! he signed my shirt!!!!!!! godddd i'm so happy! he asked me, "what's your name?" and i said "dama..". and he said that my name is beautiful. hahahahahahhahahaaa he really said that! well yeah, that was kele who said that. kele from bloc party!!! hahahhaa sorry maybe i'm overwhelming.. but i'm just very happy and feel very enthusiastic about that. what an experience! ONCE IN A LIFETIME...


kele okereke, the vocalist - with me and my friend, enrico



kele signed my ticket and shirt! his autograph was specially dedicated to me! hahaha..

1 comment:

Peter Podcast said...

Glad you enjoyed that show.
Hey do you owe me a podcast?
Sendit to russellkilbey@hotmail.com
pleeease